I have been going through the fashion book of Elle España March and found some looks for Spring/Summer 2012 I would like to share with you. Many of the looks I can put together from things in my closet but some things I regard as “new classics”!
1) a white leather jacket combined with elegant pastel colored skirt à la Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 via Style.com
2) a long black blazer combined with a white shirt and a black summer hat à la DKNY
DKNY S/S 2012 via Style.com
3) luxurious pants worn with big shirts and fine jewelery
Antonio Berardi S/S 2012 via Style.com
4) simple dresses worn with leo-print boots and a hat in a complementary color to the dress à la Paul Smith
Paul Smith S/S 2012 via Style.com
5) a jeans shirt worn with a golden skirt or bermudas and black shoes à la Balmain
Balmain S/S 2012 via Style.com
How much do you care about trends for summer in general? Isn’t it enough to possess a few pretty dresses made of linen and silk to cheer up the day? Here one of my favorite summer dress which I regard as timeless:
Summerdress with flowers
What do you think?
A hat may not be everybody favourite accessory, but if you know how to wear it and do it with confidence, your style can change from good to chic in a second. Here in Madrid hats are mostly seen at weddings and then in many eccentric styles and colors. At Fitting Room I have seen quite some designers concentrating their talents on hats and one of them was Jimena Rilova. Here hats are more than just accessories to accomplish the look, they are more like jewelery that makes you shine more bright.
Headbands Vintage Style
Last saturday at the hotel Petite Palace, C/ Jorge Juan 17, Fitting Room a fair for art, fashion and design took place. On two floors designers did show their latest collections to the public before they are in the stores.
This week From Madrid with Style will present some of them.
ISumaBCN a brand of jewelery from Barcelona did show some pretty pieces. The great thing about them is, that you can design them yourself. By buying different pieces and putting them together to unique necklaces and earrings.
I have some rules when it come to shopping, which I generally obey:
- Not to buy low quality, with some exceptions like the black-white ballerinas from Cortefiel last summer
- Never to buy things you only see once, I prefer to go home and come back if I think the stuff is worth buying
An Eye-catcher on Madrid's Streets for 25€
According to this rules it is pretty difficult to buy at all sometimes. It happened to me that I put an outfit together at a shop, that looked fantastic. I went home to thing about it and didn’t buy any of the pieces including shoes, pants and pullover.
This decision saved me more than 300€ (as I said, no low quality).
Another ending had the story when I saw me latest piece of jewelery. I passed the shop more than once until I finally tried it on. It costed a pretty amount of money (125€) but when I finally got it, there was no regret. I may have made the decision to buy it the first time I saw it but the more times I saw the more convinced of the decision I became.
Bronze, Gold and Quarz